Alternative to VWCE on IBKR

markoes

Hi. First of all, thank you for all the useful information on this page. Well, it is possible that there was already something said about this here, but honestly, I did not check the whole forum.
So first of all I think I have to describe my situation. I moved to Switzerland half year ago. Before I lived in Slovenia. I started investing into VWCE on IBKR platform in €. Since I moved to Switzerland I continued to buy the same ETF, but now I am sending CHF to the platform, and for every purchase I have to change currency, which is probably not optimal. I don't know what the future will bring for me, but currently I don't see myself retiring in Switzerland, so at some point I would have to change currency to € anyway, but maybe it would be better for now to buy another ETF, which can be bought with CHF. I would like to it to be broadly spread, big size, accumulating (probably that is not necesary since Switzerland has no capital gains tax) and relatively safe to keep. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks for the answers and best regards :)
M

Hi and welcome to the forum

As a Swiss resident, you have now access to US ETFs which are the most tax-efficient available in Switzerland for world ETFs.
Therefore, most people are using Vanguard Total World (VT). This ETF represents 85% of my portfolio.

Changing currency on IBKR is very cheap. And you can do automated conversions to make it even cheaper below 6500 CHF conversion.

Back