Fire movements in other countries

gaijin

I have an aunt (retired) in the Netherlands who is asking me for advice on her finances. Since finances can be quite country specific, I am wondering if you know of a website/blog/video of FIRE movement in the Netherlands. It is my impression that information from such people are extremely helpful for assessing finances with country specific details. For Switzerland, Baptiste's blog is such an example. As for Denmark (where my father lives) I am now watching the videos of Mario Scian. But for Netherlands I have not yet found anything similar.

Hi @gaijin

The only blog I know (or can remember) in the Netherlands is Cheesy Finance. They used to have informative articles, but I think all the old articles got lost when they restarted the blog 2 years ago. So, I am not sure how useful will the recent articles be.

It's a fringe phenomenon. I've read a couple of individual interviews of people who are doing it / aiming for it. They often seem to have some super rare, out-of-the box factor that helps them massively, such as being able to live almost for free somewhere thanks to the right connections, and combine that with super cheap food and other more common methods that are available for everyone.

Kodi

Last edited:
I would not say it's fringe, but if you want to do it very early, you need some edge indeed:

1. Inheritance
  2. Huge income
  3. Luck
  4. Spend zero
And it's true that in most interviews, this is unclear because making it clear would not make it sensational :)

Back