REIT & GOLD ETFs?

I researched gold ETF in the past, but I don't have experience with them.
I was holding the ZKB Gold ETF for quite some time, but recently switched to Xetra-Gold (ISIN DE000A0S9GB0). It is an ETC fully backed by physical gold and emitted by a joint venture between the Deutsche Börse and large Banks (Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, DZ Bank, Vontobel). You can theoretically get the gold redeemed physically, if you want to, but for me the cost outweigh that benefit. I prefer to have the physically backed ETC with a TER of 0%

Hi

What's a solid REIT?

I researched gold ETF in the past, but I don't have experience with them.

Thanks for your reply. "solid" as an adjective. What are your thoughts (@community and @Baptiste) on hedging for gold ETFs for CHF?

best

I was holding the ZKB Gold ETF for quite some time, but recently switched to Xetra-Gold (ISIN DE000A0S9GB0). It is an ETC fully backed by physical gold and emitted by a joint venture between the Deutsche Börse and large Banks (Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, DZ Bank, Vontobel). You can theoretically get the gold redeemed physically, if you want to, but for me the cost outweigh that benefit. I prefer to have the physically backed ETC with a TER of 0%

Heard of Xetra before, sounds very compelling! Will look into it, thanks for the insight!

What are your thoughts (@community and @Baptiste) on hedging for gold ETFs for CHF?
For me, hedging is the same for any investment. It's a good short term protection, but it not a good tool for the long term since it won't totally protect us and it will add fees.

Back