Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bank

• Other

• Total voters

Lelouch

Hey guys!

I thought it would be interesting to share our 3a strategies for those of us who decide to go with a personalized Global100 with Viac or Finpension (or other providers, if possible). I only opened a VIAC account earlier this year, I was with BCV before, and did a lot of looking around to try to find the strategy that suited me best.

This is what my current allocation looks like:

iShares Core S&P500: 35%
Swisscanto World ex CH hedged: 29%
Swisscanto SMI (SPI 20): 15%
Swisscanto Europe ex CH: 10%
Swisscanto Emerging Markets: 10%

This strategy is: US (56%), EU (15%), CH (16%), Asia (11%), which I think is fairly diversified. What about you, what strategy do you use and which funds have you chosen?

This is what my current allocation looks like:

iShares Core S&P500: 35%
Swisscanto World ex CH hedged: 29%
Swisscanto SMI (SPI 20): 15%
Swisscanto Europe ex CH: 10%
Swisscanto Emerging Markets: 10%

This strategy is: US (56%), EU (15%), CH (16%), Asia (11%), which I think is fairly diversified. What about you, what strategy do you use and which funds have you chosen?
My 3A will be transferred to Finpension in the next week(s). Then I will have to think about the strategy as well, so I'm asking: what where your thoughts leading you to the strategy/diversification you applied?

Could you share your reasoning for this? And how do you cionstruct such a Portfolio (assuming there is no "VT-X-CH" etf out there? Or is it?)
This portfolio is only in Finpension 3a. On IB, my portfolio is still using VT.

I am using this portfolio in my 3a to test the qualify factor. Historically, it has done well and there is a good Quality fund in Finpension. But again, I do not particularly recommend doing that, this is an experiment on my end. And I have don't have strong data to do it.

What is the actual reason behind this?
In case you still have some home bias in your overall strategy, wouldnt it make sense to put as much as possible of the Swiss stocks into 3a? Swiss stocks have on average higher dividends, therefore you would profit (tax wise) more if you have this in 3a than in 3b.

Or you just do not have any home bias in your 3b currently?

My 3A will be transferred to Finpension in the next week(s). Then I will have to think about the strategy as well, so I'm asking: what where your thoughts leading you to the strategy/diversification you applied?
Well, I believe in the SP500, as it holds the 500 best companies in the world, even though they're US-based, they are pretty much international companies. Warren Buffet also recommends the SP500 for a set and forget. So I wanted to have the biggest percentage there (VIAC only allows 35%).
Then I wanted to have some exposition to European and Swiss markets, I went a bit more on SPI 20 because VIAC wants 40% in CHF. 10% EM because I believe India (and also China) will grow to be a super power in the next 20 years (Apple is now producing there and the tech sector is developing, they have been huge winners economically with the Russia-Ukraine war, etc.). And lastly the world hedge because I needed more CHF funds to get to the 40%, and decided to go with broad market instead of something specific.

I believe in the SP500, as it holds the 500 best companies in the world
To be precise, it is the 500 'best' companies *from the US*. Yes, big overlaps to the top of the list of world ETFs (such as VT), but there are still differences.

But why bothering of getting S&P500, Europe, CH etc individually if you could just get a World ETF instead? And then you refine it with a bias to the economy you prefer (often a home bias is followed, so that would be CH).

The latter strategy is kind of represented in Finpensions Global Portfolio, if I'm not mistaken.

But why bothering of getting S&P500, Europe, CH etc individually if you could just get a World ETF instead? And then you refine it with a bias to the economy you prefer (often a home bias is followed, so that would be CH).
So, AFAIU, VT (or S&P500) is very much "set and forget", whereas everything else requires/involves some more time spent on "fine-tuning" my own strategy - right?
The latter strategy is kind of represented in Finpensions Global Portfolio, if I'm not mistaken.
I'll check as soon as the money will be there (apparently it can take up to 20 days to transfer a 3A)...

So my 3A has been successfully transferred over from UBS (yeah!).
As it's just below 50k (like 49'850.-) I won't add more money to this portfolio. As of now I've set it to "Global 60" where I chose the UBS index.
For the second portfolio I'm opening, I am not sure about how to "design" it: I thought about Global again, but maybe with a different index? I know I can choose between CS, SwissCanto and UBS. Is one of these to be preferred?
I also think I've seen some way to fully customise the portfolio strategy - do you ppl recommend going this way rather than using the "predefined" strategies?

Reactions: Max
Yes - if you quite exactly know what you want and can't get it with a preset strategy :)
This is always the question: "am I savvy enough to put together a strategy that will help me make surplus, or should I just use some predefined/preset strategy"? :unsure:
Furthermore, the fact that you can have multiple portfolios doesn't make it easier to decide 🙃

But AFAIU, I can change the strategy whenever I want - right? So I could have 2 portfolios with 2 different strategies and still have the flexibility to change it (maybe once per year at most?!)...

This is always the question: "am I savvy enough to put together a strategy that will help me make surplus, or should I just use some predefined/preset strategy"? :unsure:
Furthermore, the fact that you can have multiple portfolios doesn't make it easier to decide 🙃

But AFAIU, I can change the strategy whenever I want - right? So I could have 2 portfolios with 2 different strategies and still have the flexibility to change it (maybe once per year at most?!)...
You are right - you can change strategies any time. There are no frequency limitations, but buying and selling happens once a week on the second working day.

If I wanted a (long-term) surplus as compared to Global 60, I would take a higher stock ratio strategy (preset or customized).

I took the Sustainable 100 because past performance looked identical to the Global 100 (i think even a tiny bit higher than Global) and if they are even I thought why not have some perceived sustainability (its not really *that* sustainable). 😅
Havent made my own strategy, mainly because I couldn't find a reason why the funds they chose were bad, but I'm more than happy to be enlightened... 😅
It has a home bias of 40%, but i'm fine with that... I aim for ~20% home bias overall, so I balance it by going lower with my ETF portfolio.

I took the Sustainable 100 because past performance looked identical to the Global 100 (i think even a tiny bit higher than Global) and if they are even I thought why not have some perceived sustainability (its not really *that* sustainable). 😅
Havent made my own strategy, mainly because I couldn't find a reason why the funds they chose were bad, but I'm more than happy to be enlightened... 😅
It has a home bias of 40%, but i'm fine with that... I aim for ~20% home bias overall, so I balance it by going lower with my ETF portfolio.
Like Baptiste said, it's for experimenting for me. I also have a second portfolio Global 40 in VIAC which I don't touch.

Back