A new guy in the finance world

AntoineDeA

Hello everyone,

I am allowing myself to make my first post today on this forum in order to gather advice from people in the field.

That's it, I have finally set foot in the field of finance and I have recently started to train myself on the subject and to read associated documentation. For the context I am a 25 year old engineer located in Geneva, I opened my Interactive Brokers account a few days ago and the first goal on which I would like to start would be long-term investment on ETFs.

My question would therefore be the following, what would be the resources (software, website, ...) that you would recommend as a first step to a beginner. Whether it is websites or software that allow you to follow the different stock market prices in a beginner friendly way, dedicated websites that allow you to follow the news or any other resource that you consider to be very interesting.

I would like to thank you in advance for your various feedback!

Wishing you a very good day!

Sincerely,

Antoine

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations for starting to invest.

My question would therefore be the following, what would be the resources (software, website, ...) that you would recommend as a first step to a beginner. Whether it is websites or software that allow you to follow the different stock market prices in a beginner friendly way, dedicated websites that allow you to follow the news or any other resource that you consider to be very interesting.
It depends on what your goal is. If are into long-term gains through passive investing, then my blog is great (shameless plug!). In this case, you do not even need to follow the stock market prices or news (noise).

If you want to do something much more active and try to generate some shorter term results, I would try to search for it on Youtube, but I do not have any particular name in mind since I do not follow thi strategy.

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations for starting to invest.

It depends on what your goal is. If are into long-term gains through passive investing, then my blog is great (shameless plug!). In this case, you do not even need to follow the stock market prices or news (noise).

If you want to do something much more active and try to generate some shorter term results, I would try to search for it on Youtube, but I do not have any particular name in mind since I do not follow thi strategy.
Thanks a lot !

Back