Hi everyone,
I've been thinking about charitable donations lately, and I'd be very curious to know how people in the FIRE community approach this topic.
The FIRE philosophy generally encourages us to maximise our savings rate, invest as much as possible and minimise unnecessary expenses to reach financial independence earlier. In that sense, donating money to charities or NGOs might seem somewhat contradictory.
I’d be very curious to hear how others who are particularly conscious of their finances approach charitable giving and how they incorporate donations into their budgets.
I've been thinking about charitable donations lately, and I'd be very curious to know how people in the FIRE community approach this topic.
The FIRE philosophy generally encourages us to maximise our savings rate, invest as much as possible and minimise unnecessary expenses to reach financial independence earlier. In that sense, donating money to charities or NGOs might seem somewhat contradictory.
I’d be very curious to hear how others who are particularly conscious of their finances approach charitable giving and how they incorporate donations into their budgets.