S&P500 VOO or VUSA

Plalwa

Hi All, I am a new investor and to start with (thanks to several blogs here) I have decided to open IBKR and start invest in snp500. However am confused with fund domicile. Should I invest in US based etf VOO (ter 0.03%)or it’s Ireland based VUSA. (Ter 0.07%) where I don’t have to convert chf. Question is in regards to tax advantages on dividends and capital gains/ inheritance. Similar question would go for invest in nasdaq100

You should go with US ETFs, always :)

Here is the rationale:
What about tax implications for inheritances when holding more than 60k usd in US assets? This is not the case with non US based funds (VUSA - ireland)
I dont want my kids to bother with IRS and filing tax returns in the US when I‘m gone

@poorswiss, would be great to get a well researched blog article on this to understand the implications.

What about tax implications for inheritances when holding more than 60k usd in US assets? This is not the case with non US based funds (VUSA - ireland)
I dont want my kids to bother with IRS and filing tax returns in the US when I‘m gone

@poorswiss, would be great to get a well researched blog article on this to understand the
You should go with US ETFs, always :)

Here is the rationale:
awesome, thanks a ton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back