Short term investment

riuss

I have the idea of buying a house in maybe 2 or 3 years.

I have now started to invest in some ETFs with NEON, but I still have just over CHF 100,000 in a bank account, which I want to keep for the house project.

Now I'm wondering if I should also invest this money in something less volatile or just leave it in the bank.

What would you do in the same situation?

Hi

I would recommend keeping it in cash. In 2-3 years, the market could be down significantly, and this could compromise your house buying.
You should try to put it to work with at least some interest rate, but make sure about the conditions so that you can use it at any time.

Hi

I would recommend keeping it in cash. In 2-3 years, the market could be down significantly, and this could compromise your house buying.
You should try to put it to work with at least some interest rate, but make sure about the conditions so that you can use it at any time.
Considering all time highs, this is a good short-term advice I agree with. If you plan to turn around in 2-3 years. But we all know that we don’t know. Still, above would be my strategy (short-term) for your house project: keep strong swiss cash.

Well if you want safe investment earning 1,75% per annum for 3, 4 or 5 years you could invest with Raiffeisen but money is blocked. offer valid till end of April

Well if you want safe investment earning 1,75% per annum for 3, 4 or 5 years you could invest with Raiffeisen but money is blocked. offer valid till end of April
Are you talking about shares of Raiffeisen shareholders? It's a reasonable safe investment, but the conditions are different for each Raiffeisen bank, including the maximum and the interest rate. Some banks are limited to 1000 CHF of shares while other banks let you go higher. And keep in mind that these are not guaranteed in case of bankruptcy.

yes indeed esp now as the interest rate are going down...
from 2 yrs up to 6 years : 1,75%
from 7 years to 10 yrs : 2 %
int. paid yearly
minimum 25 000frs

Back