You can now invest with finpension!

Baptiste Wicht

The Poor Swiss
Staff member
Hi,

As of a few hours ago, the finpension invest service is out!

This is a Robo-advisor service with some nice features and low fees!
  • They are the first robo-advisor to offer tax benefits similar to US ETFs (in some cantons)
  • They have support for private markets
  • They support savings and de-savings plans

As usual, finpension does not disappoint on delivery! It does look like an excellent Robo-advisor.

My full review will be published next Tuesday.

You can read more information on their website:

Let me know what you think!

Fees look much more appealing than Selma for most investments (anything below <500k), but for larger it becomes more expensive if I read that correctly (0.39% + 0.08% for the cheapest TER = 0.47%; vs. Selma at 0.42% above 500k).
But at >500k investing, I think it anyway doesn't make sense to use a roboadvisor because the fees are still getting very high even with the cheapest option.

I also like the more passive approach compared to Selma (which are restructuring and buying/selling more frequently).

Looking forward to your review! :)

Thanks for sharing your point of view.

vs. Selma at 0.42% above 500k
You are missing an important point, Selma has an extra 0.22% fee for the ETF TERs. Even at 500k, Selma would cost around 0.64, significantly more expensive than Finpension and that's not even taking into account the advantage for US dividends.

Last edited:
I assume you meant "more expensive than Finpension"? Good point about the WHT, Finpension seems to be much more progressive and optimized here than Selma, even though I still didn't fully dig through Finpensions extensive FAQs yet...

The review was published:

thanks a lot Baptiste. i currently have account with Truewealth and happy with performance and their efficient client service but it is always good to know new possibilities... your forum is great . is it possible to write to members without writing in forum ?

Back