• 80% VT, 20% CHSPI
    • 20% home bias
    • 80% fully diversified
  • Rebalancing: Only with new investments

Last edited:
Allocation: Stocks
20% CH (CHSPI), 80% World (80% VT, 10% VOO, 10% VTI).​
Have not done any rebalancing yet.

However, not considering 2nd/3rd Pillars into account since this would be a bit more complicated. Are you guys taking them into account in your allocations/distributions? If so, I would like to hear how you consider them (bonds, stock, etc.).

Last edited:
However, not considering 2nd/3rd Pillar into account since this would be a bit more complicated. Are you guys taking them into account in your allocations/distributions? If so, I would like to heard how you consider them (bonds, stock, etc.).

Good point; in my answer, I only considered my portfolio of stocks at IB. I consider the second pillar as bond since it's quite conservative. And my 3a is 99% stocks since it's at Finpension 3a. I try to keep my overall allocation of safe assets to 10% overall.

Allocation: 90% Stocks, 10% cash
Allocation: ~50% Alphabet, 20% Other, 30% ETFs
No rebalancing strategy

Does not include 2nd/3rd pillar.

Good point; in my answer, I only considered my portfolio of stocks at IB. I consider the second pillar as bond since it's quite conservative. And my 3a is 99% stocks since it's at Finpension 3a. I try to keep my overall allocation of safe assets to 10% overall.
Same for me, though I still need to update my reports to get a better/clear view per region and type (e.g. Bond, vs Stock, cash, etc.). I will update my answer at some point to include that information.

I'm missing the main purpose of sharing allocation, the why. Insides, thoughts and advices are more useful in order to build a better portfolios.
The why is very interesting indeed and can be shared here or in an specific thread.

For me, I like to compare my diy portfolio with others and check tickers if I don‘t know them. Naturally every portfolio is very specific to the investor and her riskappetite. For example I can‘t make much sense of your high exposure to crypto. So maybe I‘m missing somthing, so please elaborate if you want to share.

My allocation is based on a number of finance papers. No bonds, as I‘m looking for max. returns and believe I can handle the volatility. Max. diversification as it‘s the only free lunch and 20% to independent sources of risk i.e. factors (for more divers. and if I‘m lucky higher returns). No home country bias, although about 35% hedged to chf.

Allocations: 99% Stocks -- 80% US market -- 75% IT sector, some SPY, I should rebalance into Vanguard S&P 500 ETF a bit.
(I am biased, IT is the only sector I know, voting by heart, so to say)
Handpicking with IB aggressively: 90% IT, 100% --> 260% in a year, but I have started December 2022 with IB (markets were just recovering).

PS. Yes, NVDA was my big bet a year ago. I made my lesson learnt 5 years ago while existing AAPL, freaking out at 3-5% going down. My 50K would turn into 200K :) I wish I read some "Psychology of Money" book or so back then.

Last edited:
Allocation: 90% Stocks (50% CHSPI, 50% SGAS - eur), 10% cash

I'm still arriving into the investment world, so I decided to get stocks from the last years savings. Next months I will only invest into SGAS. I chose SGAS because my partner wants a more sustainable world and because I don't have access to the US market.

Has anyone invested into something sustainable? (because I don't see any advantage, besides that it should make the planet better).

Baptiste, Thank you for your great work 🙏

Thanks for sharing @danb.

Has anyone invested into something sustainable? (because I don't see any advantage, besides that it should make the planet better).

I have not. Most "sustainable" ETFs I have looked at are not very sustainable. They just avoid a few companies but should avoid many more to be truly sustainable.

Allocation: 90% Stocks (50% CHSPI, 50% SGAS - eur), 10% cash
Could you share your rationale behind you 50% allocation to Swiss stocks?

Thanks for sharing @danb.

I have not. Most "sustainable" ETFs I have looked at are not very sustainable. They just avoid a few companies but should avoid many more to be truly sustainable.

Could you share your rationale behind you 50% allocation to Swiss stocks?

Funny, exactly what I was thinking when I saw the companies included in SGAS. The sustainability is just a label of the SGAS.

The fees at the moment of buying were 5 Fr. for CHSPI and a little bit over 3 Eur. for the SGAS. I will buy more SGAS in the next months because the fees are a little bit smaller and proabably it will go around 20% of CHSPI and 80% SGAS until I will have access to the US market. The last years savings were 10% every month and I'm switching to 50%.

I would be happy to see other opinions considering that I will change the SGAS with some US stocks.

@danb Be careful that SGAS only has US, so you only have two countries in your portfolio.

For US ETFs, I would say that a combination of VSGX and ESGV may make sense, but I have not researched much.

@danb Be careful that SGAS only has US, so you only have two countries in your portfolio.

For US ETFs, I would say that a combination of VSGX and ESGV may make sense, but I have not researched much.
Thank you for the remark.
Unfortunately, probably because of the romanian residency, I'm limited to just some ETFs.
My other options would have been VEVE (has a TER of 0.12, higher than 0.07 from SGAS) and VUSA (only US like SGAS).
All this big US companies have people from all over the world working for them. This made me feel I don't only own US stocks.

Last edited:
Back