Yuh has restricted their interest payment policy and I got aware of it only two months later ...

Omainec

I previously thought that Yuh would pay 1% interest on the CHF balance. Now, however, I happened to come across a message (they sent June 28) in my news section in which Yuh announced that from July on interest would be paid only on funds in the ‘savings area’. They say nothing about the money in the ‘payment area’, so I guess they just canceled the interest there. The transfer back and forth is still possible without restriction, but regardless I have apparently ‘given away’ interest for two months and I wopuld do so later, if I didn't stumble by chance over that rather hidden message ... Hopefully other Yuh customers have been more attentive. Anyway, the whole exercise and their inadequate communication is anything but customer friendly in my opinion.

Back in June I've got an email, a pop-up notification when I opened the app, and it also shows it in the messages section.
For me this felt very transparent and fair to me.
That being said, you're not the first person who I've heard complaining, so there is likely some truth in them messing up communication (not sending email to everyone; different apps maybe not showing pop-up infos etc.).

They have to make somehow money. And as hard as it sounds, at the end of the day for me it is better they continue to give "high" interest to those that care about putting things into the savings part, while making more money for those that do not. The alternative would have been lowering the interest overall, as Neon did. Any day I prefer 1% on my savings account over the 0.5% or less interest at Neon.

Back