How are you tracking your investments?

lynker

Hello everyone,

I'd like to gather some insights on how you track your stock portfolio. What tools or methods do you use to monitor and manage your financial investments? I would appreciate your advice and recommendations on best practices for financial tracking.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences!
Best regards

For me good old excel. But in the end the ideal tool is really specific to your needs.

I only track the (annual) performance in order to allocate my contributions to underperforming assets and to rebalance beginning year.

——————————————————
40% ACWIS, 40% VT, 10% AVGV, 5% AVUV, 5% AVDV

I have chosen the most complicated approach (but also fun) and wrote my own application for my budget and investments:

But if I could not code, I would simply use Google Sheets.

And I think that for most people, looking once per month into the portfolio is enough and will reduce stress.

Last edited:
Hi!

I think I've tried them all, or most of them. Leave you here my feedback:

• Spreadsheet: My current Networth go-to tool, I've created my own file with dashboard and information that is relevant to me.
  • Delta: Simple and has a free version. Very cool if you intend to connect/track Interactive Brokers (or any other supported brokers) for basic information as additional data is available only under a subscription. Can also add manual operations (ETF/Stock, crypto, others) which can help but I mostly use it to track broker data. Still, very helpful to track gain/loss, fees, dividends, etc. I use this one as my "secondary" tool, which also helps me double-check my spreadsheet numbers are in line.
  • Kubera: Cool tool, not cheap but nothing crazy. Covers a lot more than the basics, which might be useful for more pro users. Did try the 1-month trial back when they offered it for free, now the 14 days trial is 1$, which is still okay.
  • Sharesight: Another interesting tool, has a free tier with limited features but depending on how many "things" you want to track this might be enough.
  • PortfolioPerformance: Free and open-source tool, cool but can be overwhelming to start with.

Hope this helps! I am also interested in learning back from the community on which tools you use!

Cheers,
B

Last edited:
1. Does somebody use Google Finance to track the investments? I've just started to use it, however it does not find ticker CHSPI. (iShares Core SPI® ETF (CH)). It is really frustrating.

2. Google Spreadsheet - Data Stocks: It does not find ticker ROG (Roche), only RO which is slightly different. Do you have any idea how I can find ROG?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 14.08.17.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 14.08.17.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 14.11.11.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 14.11.11.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
Back