Investment Abroad

SuperBanana

Hello all,
I am resident in Switzerland and looking to diversify my portfolio of investment ( currently only investing in stock market)
And I have an opportunity to invest in Morocco my home country.
Looking for some tips / guidance if any of the community did some investment outside of UE.
- would you use your normal bank account to do money transfer ( currently I am an UBS)?
- any experience on getting back the money to Switzerland ( if needed one day ) ?
- what is the impact from taxes perspective ?
- any watch out ?
I am very beginner in the world of investment, i have been looking for years to invest in the property market and looking to make the step finally

Thanks much in advance for your help

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have never done any investments outside of Switzerland, so won't be able to help much. Do you have any relatives/friends from Morocco that have gone through that process? That would be really helpful to start with in your case.

Other than that: be very careful about validating everything. There are many scams passing as foreign investments.

Thank you so much Baptiste,
we discovered your blog few months ago and it was the trigger for me to start investing 🙏

For the abroad / house investment, indeed I am confident about the deal itself my family is involved in the process
But not really confident about the transactional aspect / how to get the money back if needed in Switzerland where my life is.
Appreciate that you took the time to respond !

Back