Joint account

James_uk

Hi all, first time poster here.

I am looking for a joint account to share with my partner. We are both currently UBS customers. We would like joint control over the account and access to E banking.

In addition we would require a debit card each. Credit card optional and separate credit cards less important as this would only be used for large payments together.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or advice.

Reactions: Max
Hi

That's an excellent question.

We currently use Migros Bank joint accounts. It's cheap and it works. But I am not sure I would recommend them anymore at this point. Their apps are really bad and getting worse. At this point, there is no joint digital account, which is what I would like. It's on Neon's roadmap, but it could take a long time to come.

Depending on where you live, you may want to consider a cantonal bank. I think ZKB has really good accounts (I still need to review that).

Reactions: Max
UBS joint account user here, we pay 15CHF per month and we both get 2 debit cards (individual + join) and 2 credit cards each (Visa + Master, not the Global ones with less fees abroad).

Though 15CHF a month is not much, we are thinking about moving away. Since I do like the fact that UBS have actual branch offices I can go and ask questions and/or complain, we will check ZKB.

Both of us also have Yuh, which I really fancy - the App is convenient and simple, but more importantly they update it and add features regularly -. They even have feature voting to let their users express their opinion on which feature they'd like to see.

Used to have Neon but replaced it with Yuh; that was before they the latest features and more importantly, before I read @Baptiste Wicht review and realized the rate exchange fees were higher for Yuh compared to Neon.

PS: the UBS mobile app has come a long way. I used to complain about it a lot, it was a very legacy mobile app, bulky and slow, but since then they have addressed and redesigned many, if not all, their modules (Cards, home, payments, etc.). Worth mentioning that the reporting feature is gone from the mobile app but still present on their Web.
Their offer is quite complete in that regard, they have reports, budget, etc., - which is a double-edged sword as it can become overwhelming -.

Their offer is quite complete in that regard, they have reports, budget, etc., - which is a double-edged sword as it can become overwhelming -.
Thanks for sharing, this is quite interesting.

I really hope we will soon have a true digital joint account!

Reactions: bmx
Raiffeisen works well for us, but you have to pay after the the first year for the debit cards. What would make more sense is to have both Raiffeisen and Neon. You get Raiffeisen for free without debit card and have free debit card from Neon and you don't have to pay foreign transaction fees with the Neon debit.

Hi

That's an excellent question.

We currently use Migros Bank joint accounts. It's cheap and it works. But I am not sure I would recommend them anymore at this point. Their apps are really bad and getting worse. At this point, there is no joint digital account, which is what I would like. It's on Neon's roadmap, but it could take a long time to come.

Depending on where you live, you may want to consider a cantonal bank. I think ZKB has really good accounts (I still need to review that).
Neon recently (3 weeks ago) approached me after I asked them for a timeline. They meant its coming this summer and whether I want to be beta user for a joint account already today.
Didn't opt in for the beta-account, as I don't like being the guinea pig of a product (potentially) full of bugs. :D

But seems promising that this will be made public soon-ish.

Neon recently (3 weeks ago) approached me after I asked them for a timeline. They meant its coming this summer and whether I want to be beta user for a joint account already today.
Didn't opt in for the beta-account, as I don't like being the guinea pig of a product (potentially) full of bugs. :D

But seems promising that this will be made public soon-ish.
I also heard about this summer. I told them I could be part of the beta test, but apparently, they forgot since I did not get any further news.

But I am really impatient about that account. If done well, I want to migrate from Migros Bank to Neon for our main account.

I also heard about this summer. I told them I could be part of the beta test, but apparently, they forgot since I did not get any further news.

But I am really impatient about that account. If done well, I want to migrate from Migros Bank to Neon for our main account.
It's now available (still beta though) and it will be 3 CHF per person

Back