Understanding indicators on IBKR

blake_ch

I've started investing with IBKR a few days ago, so I'm still learning their UI and how things work.

Right now, I struggle to understand some conflicting indicators. I have bought all the listed shares in the screenshot a week ago and not done any trade since then.

On the chart on the homepage, I can see that I had more yesterday than today, even though the daily P&L is positive and not sure to understand how :

Screenshot_20240927_171425.jpgScreenshot_20240927_171431.jpg

While writing this message and double checking, I may have realized that these kind of fluctuation may happen as the USD/CHF rate changes everyday. Yesterday was the USD slightly higher, which may reflect a higher amount in CHF in the summary. Do I understand it right or is there something else i forget?

Hi

Indeed, the graph is in CHF (your base currency). So, a change in USD/CHF like yesterday can have a significant impact since your portfolio is dominated by USD.
On the other hand, each position is reported in its own currency, so changes in exchange rate should not impact their reporting.

So, I think you understand it right :)

Back