VIAC vs Finpension details

tanguy

Hi all

I am currently looking at the different 3a pillar provider, even though I am not yet sure I will use one (I have a B permit and after some calculation, it would save me a bit of tax, but I am not sure it's completely worth it)

Anyways, I came to the conclusion that Finpension and Viac are the 2 best options. I have 2 questions. I hope I didn't miss the answer somewhere on the blog.

First do you know if Viac has fees for early withdrawal (for instance if going abroad or for a house) ? I didn't find anything on their website, but I wanted to be sure.

Secondly, Viac ofter a mortgage service, allowing to easily pledge the invested 3a pillar. What do you think of this service ? I think finpension doesn't offer this, can we pledge a 3a pillar account to get a mortgage from another institution?

Thank you very much for your answer, and thank you Mr ThePoorSwiss for the blog and all your answers, it is super useful for me to understand the swiss system and what are the best options here

Tanguy

Hi Tanguy

Yes, Finpension and VIAC are the best options, in my opinion as well :)

VIAC has a 300 CHF fee for early withdrawal for a house, but only if you don't use WIR bank for the mortgage.

I have never used that service, but it's interesting. I would not choose WIR/VIAC as a mortgage provider only for that, but all things considered, if they have good mortgages and a good third pillar, it could be interesting.

Finpension does not have this service, indeed. In theory, you could pledge your finpension 3a assets with any bank. However, most banks will not accept to pledge assets outside of their own banks.

Hi,

Recently I came across Tellco 3a account. They offer a fix account for 3rd pillar with 1.60% interest, which I really consider a good option for the ones that don't like to risk (now I have my 3rd pillar with Yuh and sometimes I am losing money with a Mild strategy...). I was also considering to move my third pillar to VIAC, but now I am confused.
Could you give us your feedback?
I haven't found any reviews yet.

Thanks

I'm wondering what do you think, what would be the best individual VIAC pillar 3a investment strategy?
For long term (15+ years), high risk tolerance (I would prefer to take only SP500, but it is not possible in VIAC).

Currently this is my strategy:
CSIF SMI 3%
CSIF World ex CH ESG - Pension Fund Plus 50%
CSIF World ex CH ESG hedged - Pension Fund Plus 36%
CSIF Emerging Markets 10%

@Bondi007 This is definitely a decent strategy. You could try to increase the non-hedged portion to the maximum if you wanted to be more aggressive. Or you could get rid of the 3% SMI since it will not make much of a difference and would cost in rebalancing.

Could you please advise me an excellent Vasted benefits account ?
Second pilar money should be there for next 10 years!
Which Investment models/Portofolios do you recommend?
I hesitate in between VIAC and Finpension !!!
Thanks in advance for your advice.

I'm wondering what do you think, what would be the best individual VIAC pillar 3a investment strategy?
For long term (15+ years), high risk tolerance (I would prefer to take only SP500, but it is not possible in VIAC).

Currently this is my strategy:
CSIF SMI 3%
CSIF World ex CH ESG - Pension Fund Plus 50%
CSIF World ex CH ESG hedged - Pension Fund Plus 36%
CSIF Emerging Markets 10%
This looks good!

I have two3a accounts with VIAC, a personalized Global 100 and a Global 40 that I leave as is.
My personalized account is more risky (though the returns have been great...) :
  • Swisscanto SMI (SP I20): 10%
  • iShares Core S&P500: 30%
  • CSIF World ex CH hedged: 29%
  • Swisscanto Europe ex CH: 10%
  • Swisscanto World ex CH (unhedged): 10%
  • Swisscanto Emerging Markets: 10%
US represents 59% of this portfolio, which is the usual percentage of a World ETF. Ideally I would keep only 3 positions (SPI 20, S&P500 and World hedged), but I wanted to have a bit more exposure to European and Emerging markets

@Nadi I have compared both on the blog:

Thank you very much for the excellent comparison,
Is it possible and do you recommend to divide fonds into two foundations and test it as you say VIAC's default strategies are more polished than Finpension's and on the other hand Finpension allows a higher level of customization but since I'm not sure I'm enough of an expert to personalize mine portofolio .!!!!

Thank you very much for the excellent comparison,
Is it possible and do you recommend to divide fonds into two foundations and test it as you say VIAC's default strategies are more polished than Finpension's and on the other hand Finpension allows a higher level of customization but since I'm not sure I'm enough of an expert to personalize mine portofolio .!!!!
I am not sure the difference in default strategies is worth it.

I would still opt for Finpension because you may want to customize later.

But there is no wrong choice between VIAC and Finpension, both are really good.

Back