What is missing from the blog?

Baptiste Wicht

The Poor Swiss
Staff member
Hi

I would like to take advantage of the forum to ask for your suggestions for the blog.
* What do you think is missing from the blog?
* Any article ideas?
* Any important topic that is missing from the blog?
* Any resources or calculators I should share?

Thanks of your opinions!

Calculators -> At what point does it not pay off to pay down the principal of a mortgage. Its quite hard to calculate since we need to know the imputed rental value, current taxable income, and tax brackets (according to town of residence) and current interest rates.

Having a nice calculator to input those and spit out a nice set of numbers/visualisation would be amazing and AFAIK quite unique (haven't seen it anywhere in the CH personal finance scene).

Thanks for all your suggestions, this is really interesting!

I did not know there was so much interest in precious metals. I have this on my list, but I will bump it up.

Hi Baptiste, first of all thanks for the great blog! I have a suggestion for a simple article. Like many here, I started using Interactive Brokers mainly on the basis of your reviews and comparisons. I am generally happy with it, but I was wondering what is the best way to get an annual report to fill out the Swiss tax return. At the moment I am using the custom report functionality... Perhaps a simple article explaining how to get a (coincise) annual report for the tax authorities might be of interest to many. Thanks.

Hi, and thanks for all the advice for personal finance beginners - I opened Neon and a 3rd pillar based partly on your advice, and am using your budget sheet to record expenses this year. The blog has been saving me money and making me smarter.

I like your occasional more reflective texts. I was wondering, could you write a blog on what "poor" actually means in Switzerland, like, where is the poverty line, who are the poor people in this country and what are their challenges? Maybe even in comparison to other countries. I think it's good to remember the difference between "poor" as you use it in the blog title, maybe with a bit of irony, and actual, debilitating poverty. It would also be interesting to think about the role of the welfare state in this country for people who are really struggling. (The welfare state in CH has really changed in the last fifty years or so I think?) I think it's good for public life for people who think a lot about money to learn about people who don't have any. As a migrant in CH I'm always finding out new things about that.

I like your occasional more reflective texts. I was wondering, could you write a blog on what "poor" actually means in Switzerland, like, where is the poverty line, who are the poor people in this country and what are their challenges? Maybe even in comparison to other countries. I think it's good to remember the difference between "poor" as you use it in the blog title, maybe with a bit of irony, and actual, debilitating poverty. It would also be interesting to think about the role of the welfare state in this country for people who are really struggling. (The welfare state in CH has really changed in the last fifty years or so I think?) I think it's good for public life for people who think a lot about money to learn about people who don't have any. As a migrant in CH I'm always finding out new things about that.
Excellent ideas, I will put this on the list of articles!

Some kind of sitemap/tree is missing to browse/navigate all subjects, if you know what I mean. I feel you have much more articles that I simple can’t reach :)

Some kind of sitemap/tree is missing to browse/navigate all subjects, if you know what I mean. I feel you have much more articles that I simple can’t reach :)

The home page is supposed to act as a sitemap. You have access to each category page. And then, from each category, you can go into the sub-categories, and this gives you access to all articles.

And if you want the exhaustive list, you can access the archives.

Do you think something else is necessary?

The home page is supposed to act as a sitemap. You have access to each category page. And then, from each category, you can go into the sub-categories, and this gives you access to all articles.

And if you want the exhaustive list, you can access the archives.

Do you think something else is necessary?
Great! I will spend some time by browsing archives now, I am sure there are some hidden gems. Thank you.

Back