Wise, Revolut or similar debit card used for Apple Store?

Oldspike

Hi everyone,
I am just relocated here and want to change my Apple Store country to Switzerland but I am unable with my Debit Card from BCV (found after I made it).
Does anyone knows if I can use a debit card from Wise, Revolut or something similar which offers a free debit card?
Thanks a lot!

What kind of Debit Card does BCV provide?
it’s a Visa with CVV but not embossed. The frustrating part is that is not accepted on Apple Store, so I’m running in a circle as I cannot install their Mobile Banking because I cannot change the store to Switzerland.
Now I’m searching alternative banks, but I am not sure if Wise is accepted and wouldn’t like to make another debit card for nothing

That's weird, Apple seems to say that Apple and Mastercard should be supported.

Have you tried with a credit card as well?

That's weird, Apple seems to say that Apple and Mastercard should be supported.

Have you tried with a credit card as well?
It’s not about Apple here, it is just about BCV, they restricted the debit card for this type of action, as the person from the bank told me. With a credit card would work, but I don’t want to do one just for this.
I am originally from Romania where all debit cards are embossed and work without any issue for Apple Store or for any payment on internet.
But at the same time, a debit or credit card from Romania doesn’t work when you want to change the store country to Switzerland 😰

That is disappointing from BCV. I do not really see why they would restrict this usage.

You could try Neon, but I am not sure this would work either. Revolut and Wise could work, but the probability is lower since they aren't really in Switzerland.

That is disappointing from BCV. I do not really see why they would restrict this usage.

You could try Neon, but I am not sure this would work either. Revolut and Wise could work, but the probability is lower since they aren't really in Switzerland.
Do you have any idea if Yuh may work on Apple Store? Just found about them on your site and I am thinking to open an account + debit card at it seems it is free.
May be a better idea than Revolut or Wise as they are Swiss.
Thanks a lot!

I have Revolut as a Swiss customer and have it added to Apple Pay, no problem. I can even use it as express travel card e.g. in the Tube in London. I also have the Cembra Certo! card added for local purchases

I have Revolut as a Swiss customer and have it added to Apple Pay, no problem. I can even use it as express travel card e.g. in the Tube in London. I also have the Cembra Certo! card added for local purchases
Are the rules the same for Apple Store and Apple Pay? I think @Oldspike was asking specifically about the Apple Store.

Hi guys,
I kept the Revolut on my home country as I need it to make transfers between it and local bank, so I made a new card on Wise with the Swiss address. It worked perfectly fine to add it in Apple Store.
My biggest surprise was that besides not being able to use it in Apple Store, I learned that Debit Card from BCV cannot be added in IPhone wallet, so I have to use just the plastic card.
Does anyone knows a similar cheapest bank (3.5 CHF/month) with a debit card valid for Apple Pay and Apple wallet?
Thanks

Back