Retiring early? Where?

Fantastic topic! I love the idea of retiring in France, for example, but I never thought about what it will mean in terms of taxes. Imagine I will be, for example, living at a budget of 50K/year (whatever currency you choose), what will it mean to me to be taxed for this amount in CH or FR?

What's your destinations?

Fantastic topic! I love the idea of retiring in France, for example, but I never thought about what it will mean in terms of taxes. Imagine I will be, for example, living at a budget of 50K/year (whatever currency you choose), what will it mean to me to be taxed for this amount in CH or FR?

What's your destinations?

In the initial years of my retirement, I am planning to do a "geoarbitrage", might move to Asia (Philippines- my home, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia) for 6 months (during winter in Swiss), then in Latin America (Costa Rica/Colombia/Ecuador), then come back in Swiss during summer. Then looking at the "southern part of Europe"- Portugal, Spain and Greece", especially in cities where they have vibrant University towns/cities.

Reactions: Max
I currently plan to retire in Switzerland. But since my retirement is in 15 years, it may change since then.
Seeing the heat increase in Switzerland, I am thinking about northern countries as well.

Back