WIR savings account plus 2024

Poor Basler

As a VIAC customer, I recently received the WIR offer for the "Savings account plus 2024". I immediately registered but have been now waiting for a week and haven't received anything beyond the initial confirmation. Is this normal?

I don't know the details of this offer. But they may have been submerged by requests and are not able to handle them all. If you don't hear from them in a few days, you should try to contact their support.

a recent failure of a bank in switzerland
UBS had to be bailed out in 2008, and CS had to be bought out in 2023. But it's true they did not fail.

Small banks regulated by FINMA have the advantage of having few clients, which means great protection by Esisuisse. And large banks have the "advantage" of being too big to fail and the government has shown that they are not willing to let them fail.

I wonder if we should be more worried about a medium bank than small or large banks :unsure:

UBS had to be bailed out in 2008, and CS had to be bought out in 2023. But it's true they did not fail.

Small banks regulated by FINMA have the advantage of having few clients, which means great protection by Esisuisse. And large banks have the "advantage" of being too big to fail and the government has shown that they are not willing to let them fail.

I wonder if we should be more worried about a medium bank than small or large banks :unsure:
Good question. Until last year I was sure that UBS is mega solid 😄

Raiffeisen pays 1,75% if you invest for 2 years with them. Moreover you get free current accounts and as shareholder you receive 2 % per year

Hello Together,
I already open a saving account at Will-be. Do you have experience with this bank?
Is it safe enought, if of course the amout place <100k CHF ?
Thanks for your experience sharing
Regards,

Raiffeisen pays 1,75% if you invest for 2 years with them. Moreover you get free current accounts and as shareholder you receive 2 % per year
I think that depends on the Raiffeisen branch. I don't see this option on my branch (Zürich Flughafen).

I think that depends on the Raiffeisen branch. I don't see this option on my branch (Zürich Flughafen).

this offer was valid until April 30. you could check with your Zurich branch ... they may have new offers. however being societaire gives various benefits

there is a savings bank paying 2 % until sept called 180 as you need to give 180 days notice to withdraw

here

so this product is not available at your branch... otherwise cembra pays good interest rate too

Back