Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Yuh

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • FlowBank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
I have a brokerage account with ETrade and I am quite happy with that. I receive the company's stock and I buy/sell ETFs. Can anyone tell the advantages moving to IBKR? At the moment, I do not see any except if I want to trade Europeans' stocks.

Swissquote has a stock lending service to enhance performance. Do you use it ? What are the risks ? They say it could bring between 1 and 4 %.

I was considering going with CornerTrader after using some comparison tool. Yet nobody is speaking about it here. Has someone an opinion on it ?

I was considering going with CornerTrader after using some comparison tool. Yet nobody is speaking about it here. Has someone an opinion on it ?
CornerTrader is interesting (my review) but since Saxo changed their fees, I would rather go with Saxo instead these days because they are even cheaper.

CornerTrader is interesting (my review) but since Saxo changed their fees, I would rather go with Saxo instead these days because they are even cheaper.

Thanks, I'll read your article.
Regarding Saxo, they are interesting indeed, but custody fees are an absolute no for me. Even if that means paying more elsewhere.

Thanks, I'll read your article.
Regarding Saxo, they are interesting indeed, but custody fees are an absolute no for me. Even if that means paying more elsewhere.
Why are they an absolute no? The custody fees are fairly low now, no? Do you want only zero custody fees?

Why are they an absolute no? The custody fees are fairly low now, no? Do you want only zero custody fees?

Well, maybe it's a logic failure on my part, but the idea of paying fees even on your "sleeping money" is unacceptable to me. And even 0,1% of custody fees (applied to the current value of your portfolio) each year ends up making a lot more on the long term than paying x2 on transactions.

So yep, only zero custody fees.

I agree that custody fees are often more important than transaction fees. However, if there is a fair maximum (120 CHF per year with Saxo), it can often be better to save on transaction and currency conversion fees than to save on custody fees. At least, you need to put everything together and do the math.

IB and Truewealth. Now I want to move away from TW and was thinking of using a Swiss Broker. Saxo seemed interesting. Contacted Saxo customer service twice with a couple of questions and after two weeks I'm still waiting for an answer. Not impressed at all how they treat potential new customers, so I've abandoned the idea of opening an account with Saxo. The other Swiss Broker options are not great though.

IB and Truewealth. Now I want to move away from TW and was thinking of using a Swiss Broker. Saxo seemed interesting. Contacted Saxo customer service twice with a couple of questions and after two weeks I'm still waiting for an answer. Not impressed at all how they treat potential new customers, so I've abandoned the idea of opening an account with Saxo. The other Swiss Broker options are not great though.
Thanks for sharing. It's sad indeed that they don't take the time to properly answer questions from potential customers.

Thanks for sharing. It's sad indeed that they don't take the time to properly answer questions from potential customers.
I got a reply today. They explained that they have a very high amount of new client requests to attend to, so they are a bit behind with other requests. I have to say that they replied with great detail and provided all info I needed.

Last edited:
Back