Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Yuh

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • FlowBank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
I got a reply today. They explained that they have a very high amount of new client requests to attend to, so they are a bit behind with other requests. I have to say that they replied with great detail and provided all info I needed.
Thanks for sharing, it's good to know!

Does anybody know when Finpension will launch their 'Invest' solution and what it will exactly entail? E.g. 'regular' broker? or a Roboadvisor? or...

Does anybody know when Finpension will launch their 'Invest' solution and what it will exactly entail? E.g. 'regular' broker? or a Roboadvisor? or...
Unfortunately, I don't have much information either :(

My guess is that it will be a robo-advisor with low fee funds.

Hello,
i use IB for my investments in ETF.
Now, i am interested in trade EU gov bonds but i find IB not really ideal for this purpose.

Which broker will you recommend for EU gov bonds? (i am Swiss resident).
Thanks a lot

Which broker will you recommend for EU gov bonds? (i am Swiss resident).
I don't have a suggestion for you, but rather a follow-up question: Why EU bonds as a Swiss resident? These EU bonds will be in EUR and will add currency exchange risk. Since bonds are generally for safe investments, it makes little sense to have them in a different currency in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback Baptiste, your consideration make a lot of sense.

Actually I have CHF currently available to be invested but after a bit of research i haven't found any decent options for Fixed Income instruments in CHF, hence i start to look into EUR.

Should i stick with CHF i would probably use Swissquote or Saxo hoping that Swiss brokers might have more securities available (listed or OTC).

Anyway, so far i find CHF Fixed income investment options very very limited..............!

PS: many thanks for your very useful Saxo Bank review article, very well done and informative. I have now a demo account to start look into their trading platform, in term of available asset to trade i assume the demo has just a subset of the whole asset universe

Anyway, so far i find CHF Fixed income investment options very very limited..............!
It depends on what you mean by limited. If you mean low-interest rate, then yes. But it actually makes sense. CHF is a safe currency, and CH has a relatively low inflation (compared to the rest of the world); it then makes sense to have lower interest rates.
PS: many thanks for your very useful Saxo Bank review article, very well done and informative. I have now a demo account to start look into their trading platform, in term of available asset to trade i assume the demo has just a subset of the whole asset universe
I would actually assume the demo has all the securities. Do you see many things missing?

It depends on what you mean by limited. If you mean low-interest rate, then yes. But it actually makes sense. CHF is a safe currency, and CH has a relatively low inflation (compared to the rest of the world); it then makes sense to have lower interest rates.

I would actually assume the demo has all the securities. Do you see many things missing?
Well as i explained I recommend Swissquote as a sound swiss bank and has great client service, credit card etc...
Saxo is only a branch of a danish bank which is 49% chinese (Geely company) and i reject working with Saxo for that reason for ethics and human rights reason. The chinese govt is in Geely...

Saxo is only a branch of a danish bank which is 49% chinese (Geely company) and i reject working with Saxo for that reason for ethics and human rights reason. The chinese govt is in Geely...
By that logic, you should then avoid every single product made partially or entirely in China, which will likely exclude at least 50% of the electronic products we use these days. Not a very practical approach.

And you should probably avoid me since my wife is Chinese, 50% of our household (and blog) is then owned by China?

By that logic, you should then avoid every single product made partially or entirely in China, which will likely exclude at least 50% of the electronic products we use these days. Not a very practical approach.

And you should probably avoid me since my wife is Chinese, 50% of our household (and blog) is then owned by China?
Baptiste,
as we all know China Communist Party owns part or 100% of all major companies. This is unique in the world I believe. In my view due to ethics and human rights problems (opposants, ouïghours, tibetans, etc) i do not want to use a broker partly owned by this govt. The chinese govt has given over 26 billions $ to chinese electric car makers exported to Europe or North America .for your info i have nothing against chinese people and many of my friends are from China . for these reasons i personally choose products not made in China whenever this is possible.

Back